IGNORED

Grčka - enormni dug, protesti oko mera štednje

Mp40

Diplomatski skandal u Grčkoj: Atina proteruje ambasadora Libije

Grčki zvaničnici saopštili su da će proterati ambasadora Libije u toj zemlji kao odgovor na sporazum koji su 27. novembra potpisale Turska i Libija, a koji se odnosi na morske granice nedaleko od Krita. Grčki ministar spoljnih poslova Nikos Dendijas rekao je da libijski ambasador ima 72 sata da napusti zemlju, prenela je Radio-televizija Srbije (RTS).

Dendijas je tursko-libijski sporazum nazvao "kršenjem međunarodnog prava mora i suverenih prava Grčke". Grčka se odlučila na taj potez kao odgovor na sporazum koji su 27. novembra potpisale Turska i Libija, a odnosi se na eksploataciju energenata na Mediteranu, kojim se određuje pomorska granica dve zemlje blizu grčkog ostrva Krita.

Turska je osudila odluku vlasti u Atini. Turski ministar spoljnih poslova Mevlut Čavušoglu ocenio je da proterivanje ambasadora zbog sporazuma nije zrelo ponašanje u diplomatiji.

"To je nečuveno", dodao je Čavušoglu.

Libijski ministar inostranih poslova Muhamed Sijala poručio je da je potez Grčke "neprihvatljiv". Sporazum Turske i Libije izazvao je oštre reakcije Sjedinjenih Država, Rusije, EU, Izraela i Egipta.

Kairo je sporazum nazvao "ilegalnim". Mediji navode da na ovaj način Turci žele da zarobe egejska ostrva istočno od 25. meridijana u turskom kontinentalnom pojasu. To bi zapravo značilo da ostrva Lemnos, Lezbos, Hios, Samos, Ikarija, Mikonos, Naksos, Paros i Santorini, nemaju nikakvu nadležnost nad morskim zonama izvan šest nautičkih milja od svojih obala.

• 2 months later...

https://www.yanisvaroufakis.eu/2020/02/16/euroleaks-why-release-and-why-now/

During 2015’s first half, as Greece’s finance minister, I participated in thirteen crucial Eurogroup meetings – before the SYRIZA government (disrespecting the referendum result of 5th July) capitulated. The result of that capitulation was my immediate resignation and a permanent austerity program (until… 2060). 

From the beginning, the first Eurogroup, it was clear that the troika leaders dominating those meetings were determined to prevent any serious debate on Greece’s ‘program’. I would arrive with a determination to find an honourable compromise on the basis of apt technical proposals the purpose of which was to help the people of Greece breathe again while minimising the costs to our creditors (that dominated the Eurogroup).

In sharp contrast, the troika leaders, and their complicit finance ministers, would stonewall while refusing to discuss my proposals or to counter-propose anything that made financial, political or moral sense. Again and again they demanded our government’s surrender to a neocolonial, austerity, neocolonial program that they themselves, behind closed doors, confessed it had failed!

After the first three Eurogroup meetings I realised, to my horror, that no minutes were being taken down. Moreover, the absence of any record of what was being said allowed the troika apparatchiks to indulge in an orgy of leaks and innuendos that very quickly spread worldwide.

It was a major Operation in Truth Reversal: The troika was leaking that I would come to the meetings unprepared, without technical preparation, and that I was, instead, boring my colleagues to death with ideological or theoretical speeches that were besides the point.

It was my first, real, and very painful, exposure to the true meaning of fake news. 

To be able to brief my PM and parliament accurately on what went on in those interminable meetings, as well as to defend myself from the distortions and downright lies regarding my interventions (as well as of the lies of what the troika folks were saying to me), I began recording the proceedings on my smart phone.

Not wishing to keep this secret, I made this public in an interview with the New York Times – as a means of warning the purveyors of fake news that I could prove they were spreading lies. The reaction of the European Commission was one of fake outrage – but, interestingly, they stopped leaking!

Later, I published my memoir (ADULTS IN THE ROOM) which I based, to a large extent, on those recordings – thinking that it would be the end of the story.

Why am I bothering you now with this 5-year old story?

Because, for reasons I shall outline below, MeRA25-DiEM25 and I have decided that now is the right time to make the said recordings available to the public.

• 7 months later...
  • James Marshall locked this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FzewZMGXsAQP6Qx?format=png&name=large

In May elections, held under a proportional representation system, Mitsotakis’ party fell five seats short, and he decided not to try to form a coalition government, preferring instead to take his chances with a second election.

Sunday’s vote is being held under an electoral system that grants a bonus of between 25 and 50 seats to the winning party, depending on its performance, which makes it easier for a party to win more than the required 151 seats in the 300-member parliament to form a government.

https://english.elpais.com/international/2023-06-25/greeks-vote-in-second-general-election-in-5-weeks-and-conservative-party-is-favored-to-win-majority.html

Edited by vememah
  • +1 1