• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigvlada

• Zaz_pi

• jms_uk

• Time Crisis

Za sat vremena NASA lansira LADEE-ja (Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer) u stodnevnu misiju.Pored ostalih zanimljivih testova i eksperimenata, testiraju laserski broadband sa Zemljom: 620 mbit/sec.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptfLfrWI648

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hajde da gledamo malo dalje. :)

29y1doi.jpg

29qccb5.jpg

Rombus je mogao da stigne do Meseca i nazad uz dodatno punjenje gorivom. Čuvanje i pretakanje goriva na orbiti je užasno komplikovan i pipav proces. Objavljene su studije i studije o tom problemu a nismo ništa bliže orbitalnim benzinskim pumpama. Međutim, projekat Selena (dalja razrada Rombusa) je stvar rešio na drugi način. Prvi Rombus sa posadom i namirnicama bi bio poslat u orbitu. Nakon njega bi bio lansiran drugi Rombus koji bi umesto korisnog tereta bio krcat gorivom, tj. ne bi koristio spoljne rezervoare. Na orbiti bi Rombus 2 pomoću robotske ruke prebacio svoje pune rezervoare na Rombus 1, omogućavajući mu let do Meseca. Deo praznih rezervoara bi bio ostavljen na Mesecu kao osnova za naseobinu. Ali planovi Filipa Bona su bili mnogo veći - krajnji cilj je mesečeva baza sa 1000 ljudi do 1984. godine! 

348rkbb.jpg

Misija lunarne baze je omogućavanje bespilotnih letova na Mars. Ukupna masa baze je 32950 tona, masa koja bi bila prenesena na Mesec pomoću 1341 lansiranja Rombusa i 1011 misija transfera materijala i goriva u zemljinoj orbiti u periodu od osam i po godina. Flota od 10 do 15 Rombusa bi obavila 330 sletanja na Mesec u periodu gradnje baze.

oh258w.jpg

40-flight average ROMBUS lifetime.
Personnel delivered to Moon at 90.7kg/man
Life support requirement of 4,536g/man/day
Maximum lunar tour of duty of 4 months
Lunar refueling base will store liquid oxygen and hydrogen propellants for Mars mission
Cryogenic propellant stored in cylindrical tanks at permanently shadowed location on Moon
Reusable Moon-Mars orbit-Earth vehicle lands 21,772kg on Mars (18,143kg useful payload) and consumes 5,343t of propellants per trip. The fourth, manned, Project Deimos mission then departs from Earth orbit in 1986. 

jrel5i.jpg

"Reusable Booster for Logistics and Planetary Exploration" -- Bono,Woodworth & Ursini, IAF XV:th INTERNATIONAL ASTRONAUTICAL CONGRESS PROCEEDINGS 1964/p.547

Edited by bigvlada
  • 9 months later...

Russia tests first all-female space crew for potential moon mission

Six women will spend eight days in mock spacecraft simulating flight conditions and perform tasks to assess their suitability
The crew will be filmed and monitored remotely by doctors and psychologists round the clock. Photograph: Nasa/Getty Images

A crew of six Russian women have been locked away in a mock spaceship as part of an eight-day experiment to simulate conditions for a potential mission to the moon in 2029.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/28/russia-space-simulator-all-female-crew-moon-mission-experiment

• 2 months later...

Updates on China's lunar missions

Posted by Emily Lakdawalla

2016/01/14 21:39 UTC

Topics: mission statusthe MoonChang'E program

An article about Chang'e 4 appeared on the website of China Daily today, and it contains a small amount of news about China's present and future lunar exploration plans. Thanks to @sinodefence on Twitter for the link and to scientist Quanzhi Ye for some help with translating the news.

It had already been reported that China planned to send Chang'e 4 (the backup model of the Chang'e 3 lander) to the lunar farside. The intent to land on the farside was announced on the Chinese Lunar Exploration Program website on December 2. The China Daily News article mentions launch dates, and they're earlier than previously discussed. A communications relay satellite (based on the design of Chang'e 2) will be launched in June of 2018, and will take up a position at the Moon-Earth L2 point, where it will be able to see both the landing site and Earth. The lander will be launched at the end of 2018. There is still no official word on what the lander's scientific payload will be, or even if it will carry another rover. Interestingly, the article mentions some kind of public involvement in the payload development. China already has experience navigating lunar orbiters to the L2 point. Here's a photo captured by Chang'e 5 T1 from such a point of view:

20141028_CE5T023_f537.jpg

CAST

Earth and the Moon from Chang'e 5 T1 The Chang'e 5 test vehicle captured this beautiful view of Earth over the far side of the Moon on October 28, 2014.

Guokr -- a Chinese blog site that often hosts science-related content -- posted a blog with a little more information about the planned Chang'e 4 mission. This is not an official source! The Guokr blog mentions the south pole-Aitken basin as a possible landing site. (There is a map of the whole farside that the Guokr blog claims has the landing site "circled in red," but I've squinted at the map and do not see a red circle.) The Guokr page also has this drawing of the proposed relay satellite. That's a large dish! I wonder if it is a deployable, umbrella-style dish?

20160114_change4_relay.jpg

CAS

CAD drawing of the Chang'e 4 communications relay satellite The Chang'e 4 relay spacecraft is planned for launch in June 2018. It will travel to the Earth-Moon L2 point to enable communications with a farside lander to be launched later the same year.

The China Daily News article also talks about "successful completion" of the Chang'e 3 mission. This does not mean the end of the mission, but rather an official statement that Chang'e 3 has been successful. Monthly contact with Chang'e 3 continues, although it's not clear if it is still doing scientific observations. A review paper about Chang'e 3 recently appeared in the literature, which helped lunar mapper Phil Stooke update his maps of the Chang'e 3 landing site, likely for the final time. Here's an overview, including the lovely names for the mini-craters observed by the lander during its descent:

20160114_chang_e_3_yutu_map1_f537.jpg

Chinese Academy of Sciences / Phil Stooke

Chang'e 3 landing site geography Named features visible during the descent of the Chang'e 3 lander, in a map produced by Phil Stooke for his Atlas of Lunar Exploration. Most of the names are from a Chang'e 3 mission overview paper by Chunlai Li and coauthors. (Li, C. et al, 2015. The Chang’e 3 Mission Overview. Space Science Reviews, v. 190, pp. 85-101.)

And here is the Yutu rover's route map:

20160114_chang_e_3_yutu_map2_f537.jpg

Chinese Academy of Sciences / Phil Stooke

Yutu route map (final)

The Yutu rover's path and scientific activities across the lunar surface, in a map produced by Phil Stooke for his Atlas of Lunar Exploration. The base map consists of a mosaic of images captured by the Chang'e 3 lander during its descent.

http://www.planetary.org/blogs/emily-lakdawalla/2016/01141307-updates-on-change-program.html

Nazivi su sjajni. :)

Edited by bigvlada

U isto vreme, na drugom kraju sveta

Momentum builds for creation of 'moon villages'
by William G. Gilroy for ND News
Notre Dame IN (SPX) Jan 08, 2016

Clive Neal. 

Villages on the moon, constructed through cooperation between astronauts and robotic systems on the lunar surface, could become a reality as early as 2030. That's the consensus of a recent international conference of scientists, engineers and industry experts, including Clive Neal, a University of Notre Dame planetary geologist.

The European Space Agency (ESA) hosted a symposium titled "Moon 2020-2030 - A New Era of Coordinated Human and Robotic Exploration," in the Netherlands. The ESA's vision is that the moon villages could serve as a potential springboard for future human missions to Mars and potentially other destinations.

In order for that vision to become a reality, Neal said, scientists must first determine if the resources on the Moon are as significant as we think they are.

"We keep talking about lunar resources, but we still need to demonstrate they can be used ... (that) they are, in fact, reserves," he said. "So ground truth verification of deposit size, composition, form and homogeneity requires a coordinated prospecting program as a first step. The next step would demonstrate extraction techniques followed by refinement of the product into usable commodity. A successful program would then clearly demonstrate that lunar resources can enable solar system exploration."

Neal said the ESA meeting highlighted technology development in terms of precision landing, robotic sample return, and cryogenic sampling, caching, return and curation.

"Significant investments in the latter are required and starting to be made," he said.

Neal's research explores the origin and evolution of the moon, focusing on the petrology and geochemistry of returned samples coupled with geophysics and other remotely sensed datasets; geophysical instrumentation and investigations of the moon; formation of impact melts; and more basalt petrogenesis.

Passionate about the U.S. human spaceflight program and returning humans to the moon to stay, Neal has been involved in numerous NASA review panels and in the study of the moon since 1986. Most recently, he chaired the senior review panel for the Planetary Science Division for extended space missions and is currently in his second term as chair of the Lunar Exploration Analysis Group.

Još jedna lepa inicijativa koja će da završi u kanti. 
  • 1 month later...

U jeku kosmičke trke (iz američke perspektive, Sovjeti su ozbiljno krenuli da rade na mesečevoj raketi tek 1964. godine, kada je uvećana N1 raketa, pod šifrom N1-L3 odabrana za let na Mesec) predlagani su razni projekti kako bi se uhvatio korak za Sovjetima koji su po njihovom mišljenju bili par godina ispred. Jedna od tih ideja je i ova, gde bi se astronauti poslali na Mesec i glumili Robinzone par godina, dok se ne dovrši Apolo koji bi ih vratio kući. 

missilesrockets1011unse_0412.jpg?downloa

missilesrockets1011unse_0413.jpg?downloa

Panorama Meseca iz oka Lunohoda 1. Na prvoj slici se vidi lender Lune 17. 

9d6Be3i.jpg

Vzw3gej.jpg

Ovako je izgledalo spuštanje sa lendera i početak operacija. 

TgnymKg.jpg

Ovakva konfiguracija je kasnije upotrebljena na marsovskim robotima Spirit i Oportunity. 

Kod grada Jevpatorija na Krimu je bio poligon koji je simulirao površinu Meseca. Danas ga više nema a i ogromne antene koje su pratile Lunohode su sada samo gomila gvožđa. Ne znam čemu je služila baterija antena na drugoj slici.

gZMLXDP.jpg

b5L0yp0.jpg

Interesantno je da su i SAD i SSSR radile na planovima kako da vrate ljude žive sa Meseca u slučaju neke tragedije. Amerikanci su planirali da za to upotrebe Gemini kapsule (bile su predlagane kao jeftinija i brža alternativa skupocenom Apolonu) dok su Rusi hteli da iskoriste Lunohod sa kabinom i rezervoarima kiseonika kako bi transportovali kosmonauta od mesta sletanja do rakete koja bi ih vratila na Zemlju. 

Koliko su Lunohodi bili izdržljivi za svoje vreme govori činjenica da je jedan derivat bio upotrebljen u Pripjatu za radove na poluurušenom krovu Černobilske atomske centrale. 

• 8 months later...

Moon’s lava tubes could be colossal

Caverns might make spacious home for moon colonists
BY 
9:00AM, DECEMBER 15, 2016
120716_ts_lave-tube_free.jpg

INNER TUBE  Lava tubes inside the moon could remain structurally stable up to several kilometers across, new research suggests. Similar tubes that crisscross the ground around Hawaiian volcanoes, shown, only reach a few meters across.

MATT HAUGHEY/FLICKR (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)

Future moon colonies could be totally tubular.

Slight variations in the moon’s gravitational tug have hinted that kilometers-wide caverns lurk beneath the lunar surface. Like the lava tubes of Hawaii and Iceland, these structures probably formed when underground rivers of molten rock ran dry, leaving behind a cylindrical channel. On Earth, such structures max out at around 30 meters across, but the gravitational data suggest that the moon’s tubes are vastly wider.

Assessing the sturdiness of lava tubes under lunar gravity, planetary geophysicist Dave Blair of Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind., and colleagues estimate that the caves could remain structurally sound up to 5 kilometers across. That’s wide enough to fit the Golden Gate Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge and London Bridge end to end.

Such colossal caves will be prime real estate for lunar pioneers, the researchers report in the Jan. 15 Icarus. Lava tubes could offer protection from the extreme temperatures, harsh radiation and meteorite impacts on the surface.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/moon’s-lava-tubes-could-be-colossal

A pošto smo na Mesecu do sada otkrili nekih 200-tinjak rupa, ima sasvim dovoljno materijala za neku sledeću robotsku misiju koja bi to mapirala. 

08_nonmeltpit_190mm_720.jpg

m126710873re_map_thumb_0.png

Nakon toga pošaljemo par robota da to poprskaju plastikom iznutra, stavimo vrata i možemo da se uselimo. :D 

Kojih par hilajda godina kasnije, naši potomci (ili vanzemaljci ako se u vremenu međusobno poubijamo) će se čuditi crtežima na pećinskim zidovima i porukama Punk's not dead i okrečite Beograd. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...