• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rajka

• Indy

• Tribun_Populi

• Prokleto Djubre

A i deluje da malo zaobilaze istinu ili kod reklame da je to selfdriving car ili kod preuzimanja odgovornosti

Ma to nije upitno, nego jel operator sad ima bodove i plaća kaznu što je mal naleteo na čoveka?

Pariski Uber vozaci strajkuju i blokiraju puteve. Uber je nedavno podigao cijenu koju taksisti moraju da placaju platformi. Kada sve saberes i oduzmes plata im je manja od minimalne plate, <1000€.

Pariski Uber vozaci strajkuju i blokiraju puteve. Uber je nedavno podigao cijenu koju taksisti moraju da placaju platformi. Kada sve saberes i oduzmes plata im je manja od minimalne plate, <1000€.

Ah, ali ne moraju da rade ako im ne odgovara :fantom:

• 5 weeks later...

Zabavno stivo, a nije da nije i velikom dijelom tacno:

https://medium.com/sandpapersuit/side-hustle-as-a-sign-of-the-apocalypse-e7027a889fc2#.ihzcnm9ca

“Side Hustle” as a Sign of the Apocalypse Uber and Seamless ads reveal how Silicon Valley is screwing us

An essay by comedian/author Matt Ruby. Want more? Sign up here to get my newsletter.

1*e9X4hfpUcSBe8AE43oc8Bw.jpeg

“These days, everyone needs a side hustle,” starts the Uber commercial recruiting new drivers. And it’s got bouncy music and the dude is hip and it makes it sound like this is super fun and I’m sitting there thinking: Are they seriously trying to make a “second job” sound like a sexy thing!? “it’s not my second job, it’s my mistress occupation.” Next, we’ll just start saying bipolar people have a side personality.

And WTF has happened to our culture when we just take it as fact that everyone needs to have multiple jobs and work as a cab driver and rent out every square inch of space in their apartment and be a task rabbit gopher who waits in line for tickets when they’re not walking dogs or temping and we all just chalk it up to “progress”??? In the old days, this meant your life was falling apart. Now it just means you’re part of “the sharing economy.”

Nothing is cooler than Earning/Chilling!In the old days, this meant your life was falling apart. Now it just means you’re part of “the sharing economy.”

Remember when technology was gonna save us? All these time-saving devices will lead to more efficiency so huzzah, right? And yet everyone is out there relentlessly complaining about how busy they are. Technology didn’t save us. It’s eating us alive. We don’t get any time back, it gets sucked up. Unfettered capitalism doesn’t give you time back or freedom or relaxation. It drills every orifice you have until a few more pennies drop out so the Q4 numbers look good for shareholders.

These tech companies position themselves as heroes. They talk about “changing the world” constantly. Yet all they do is churn out technology for rich, white dudes in their 20s/30s who live in big cities and want apps to fill in the blanks for what mommy used to do.

Mommy used to pick me up from soccer practice. A: Uber. 
Mommy used to do my laundry. A: Flycleaners. 
Mommy used to clean my room. A: Handy. 
Mommy used to buy me groceries. A: Blue Apron. 
Mommy used to cook me food. A: Seamless.

And they even call it “mom-tech.” We’re letting our lives be dictated by brogrammers who want to breastfeed forever.

We’re letting our lives be dictated by brogrammers who want to breastfeed forever.

And speaking of Seamless: Ugh, how I hate those revolting Seamless ads on the subway. The ones where they mock people who cook and sum up New Yorkers by saying:

You should only cook when you’re dead or living in the suburbs
and you hate seeing other people 
and you know your delivery person’s name but not your neighbors 
and your friends in the midwest have photos of their kids but you have photos of your dinner 
and you use your oven for storage 
and you have strong biceps because your work bag is so heavy 
and you have someone subletting your kitchen…

1*aMCyQyXoGarsQNuAW1CaTA.jpeg
Gross. is this an ad for Seamless or school shootings?

And this is supposed to be some combo of aspirational and “I get you, New York” but I’m just aghast because it reads like a fucking dystopian nightmare of people completely disconnected from family, friends, food, community, and anything else that you’ll actually care about when you’re on your deathbed.

1*wQDgyTecUiUFlHWTt2ckYA.jpeg
Lesson from former Communist countries: The more evil you are, the more you need to put up billboards saying how great you are.

This unending hamster wheel of capitalism and technology is driving us all to the brink of insanity. “These days, everyone needs a side hustle.” Now that I think about it, that should be Elizabeth Warren’s campaign slogan in 2020.

“These days, everyone needs a side hustle.” Now that I think about it, that should be Elizabeth Warren’s campaign slogan in 2020.

Silicon Valley mission statements are bullshit. More from Vooza.

Inside Amazon's clickworker platform: How half a million people are being paid pennies to train AI

Internet platforms like Amazon Mechanical Turk let companies break jobs into smaller tasks and offer them to people across the globe. But, do they democratize work or exploit the disempowered?

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/inside-amazons-clickworker-platform-how-half-a-million-people-are-training-ai-for-pennies-per-task/

digitalsweatshop12152016.jpg

• 1 month later...

HOW UBER COULD END UP AS SILICON VALLEY'S MOST SPECTACULAR CRASH

Just a year ago, Uber reigned as the tech industry’s awe-inspiring, all-powerful Wizard of Oz. But lately, the curtain is being pulled back to reveal a guy who’s more like an angry drunk frantically yanking levers while taking roundhouse swings at the Tin Man and propositioning Dorothy.  

Rotten Culture, Bad Press

At the heart of Uber’s trouble is its culture, which seems to have been born from a one-night stand between John Belushi’s crude Bluto in Animal House and Ayn Rand’s hypercompetitive Hank Rearden. That culture got put on public display in February, when former engineering employee Susan Fowler published a blog calling out Uber’s rotten treatment of women and its general dysfunction. The place is so cutthroat, she wrote, “it seemed like every manager was fighting their peers or attempting to undermine their direct supervisor so that they could have their direct supervisor’s job.”

What do Uber, Volkswagen and Zenefits have in common? They all used hidden code to break the law.

Two hours ago, The New York Times broke the biggest story about Uber yet. Since 2013, Uber has used a sophisticated tool to undermine local law enforcement at every turn.

The program is called Greyball and it works like this:

1. In cities where Uber is illegal — of which there are still many — Greyball can identify undercover police who are trying hail Uber drivers, bust their drivers, and impound their vehicles.

2. When these police open up the Uber app and try to hail a ride, they see phantom Uber cars driving around the city, but they’re never actually able to get a ride.

3. Since the cars that show up in the app aren’t real, and the police can’t get a driver to pick them up, they can’t bust anyone.
Edited by miki.bg
  • 3 weeks later...

Od ekonomije dijeljenja do dijeljene eksploatacije

Ova dvostruka tendencija intenzivne socijalizacije i intenzivne privatizacije, međutim, ne iznenađuje one koji su pratili ubrzani razvoj infosfere i nove ekonomije protekla dva desetljeća. Još prije petnaestak godina, sagledavajući nove oblike suradničke proizvodnje i potrošnje na internetu, američki pravni teoretičar Yochai Benkler postulirao je da ti novi oblici temeljeni na lakoj dostupnosti informacija smanjuju transakcijske troškove nalaženja i ugovaranja. U tradicionalnim organizacijskim oblicima proizvodnje i potrošnje transakcijski troškovi bili bi visoki zbog neadekvatnosti informacija o tome tko što nudi i je li ponuđač pouzdan izvršitelj ili ne. Benkler je tada vjerovao da je to adekvatno objašnjenje zašto nastaju i uspijevaju projekti suradničke proizvodnje bez privatnog vlasništva poput Wikipedije ili slobodnog softvera, a koji kao organizacijski model proizvodnje ne odgovaraju ni modelu tržišta niti modelu tvrtke. Međutim, već u drugoj polovici dvijehiljaditih postalo mu je jasno da smanjenje transakcijskih troškova postaje novim poslovnim modelom koji povezuje horizontalna tržišta i hijerarhijske tvrtke u nove forme prisvajanja i komodifikacije.

Nošeni tim faktorima, novi tržišni izazivači brzo prodiru i uzdižu se do moćnih, obilato financiranih igrača koji ugrožavaju tržišne pozicije i preživljavanje starih agencija za zapošljavanje, hotela, taksi službi ili autobusnih operatera. Međutim, bez moći da masovno povezuju nove aktere na tržištu i da preoblikuju tržišta u cilju stvaranja ekonomije razmjera i monopola oni ne bi privlačili toliku pažnju investitora. Posljedica tog procesa restrukturiranja je da njihovo poslovanje ima niz negativnih učinaka i rizika po dugoročnu održivost pojedinih društveno reguliranih usluga, prava radnika, socijalna prava i porezne prihode. Stoga dolazak ovih servisa često prati ne samo sukob s postojećim konkurentima i radnicima koji se boje za svoja radna mjesta, već i lokalnim i državnim regulatorima koji pokušavaju održati uspostavljene mehanizme kao što su koncesije u lokalnom i međugradskom prijevozu, pravila o kratkoročnom najmu ili zakonske zaštite rada.

Međutim, unatoč polulegalnom i neodrživom poslovnom modelu Ubera, potražnja za povremenim i neizvjesnim poslovima kakve nude ove posredničke platforme neće nestati. Ovi netipični oblici rada, koji se u različitim inačicama naziva i engleskim neologizmima crowdwork, on-demand work, gig economy, prema analizama koje je nedavno provela britanska stručnjakinja Ursula Huws, predstavljaju strukturnu karakteristiku nove konfiguracije globalnog tržišta rada. Naime, nakon neoliberalnog preustrojavanja tržišta rada 1970-ih koje je veliki dio industrijskog radništva istisnulo u niskokvalificirani tercijarni sektor ili trajnu nezaposlenost, globalizacije 1990-ih koja je donijela uvjete zaoštrene konkurencije među nacionalnim tržištima rada i fleksibilizaciju radnih odnosa, velikim otpuštanjima uslijed krize 2008. godine nastala je nova armija nezaposlenih u različitim segmentima tržišta rada. Budući da oporavak profita nakon krize nije pratio i povratak radnih mjesta, otpušteni su prisiljeni pridružiti se već prekariziranom radništvu u neformalnom, uslužnom i kreativnom sektoru u potrazi za povremenim poslovima.

Kao što analiziraju Huws i njeni suradnici, u Velikoj Britaniji danas preko deset posto radne snage stječe neki dio svog dohotka kroz internetski posredovane netipične oblike rada, a četvrtina od tog broja i veći dio svog dohotka. Riječ je o najrazličitijim zanimanjima: od vozača, preko servisera, do dizajnera i programera. Pritom, razlike u prihodima između jednog vozača i jednog specijaliziranog programera koji konkurira na globalnom tržištu rada su značajne.

Zajedničko za internetske posredovane poslove ovog tipa je da su poslovi standardizirani, izvršitelji lako zamjenjivi, a učinak stalno nadziran. Slobodna zanimanja su postala visokokontrolirana zanimanja. Kod niskoplaćenih mikroposlova radnik često mora biti stalno dostupan na internetu u iščekivanju sljedećeg naloga, gubeći strukturu radnog i slobodnog vremena. Za ilustraciju, u nekim američkim gradovima Uberovi vozači spavaju u autima ne bi li ujutro bili što bliže potencijalnim klijentima. Budući da nema pravnog subjekta koji stoji između radnika i naručitelja, radnik često mora prihvatiti nepovoljne u strahu od loše ocjene. Kupac nije kralj, on je despot.

Međutim, konvergencija tehnološke optimizacije tržišta jednokratne razmjene i strukturno uvjetovane potrage za povremenim poslovima neće nestati. Stoga je potreban i drugi smjer djelovanja – da radničke organizacije, lokalne zajednice i države paralelno s borbom za prava i regulaciju preuzmu inicijativu u kreiranju tehnoloških platformi koje će ponuditi inovativne usluge, ali uz ugrađene mehanizme zaštite radnika i javnog interesa. Kao što pokazuju konkretni projekti okupljeni oko inicijative platformski kooperativizam, zadruge radnika, gradske uprave i koalicije gradova mogu kreirati slične servise za posredovanje poslova i kratkoročni najam izgrađene na načelima solidarnosti, ekonomske demokracije i društvene učinkovitosti koja tehnološku inovaciju ne prepušta logici brze monetizacije na kakvoj je zasnovano startup tržište. Prvi korak u tom smjeru je napustiti novovjeku dogmu da je tehnološki razvoj društveno najracionalnije uređen silama tržišta, a sile tržišta tehnološkom promjenom.

• 3 weeks later...

Uber Had Male Managers Pretend to Be Women

But there are at least a few female Uber employees who seem happy as can be at the company: the fake ones invented by male managers to get drivers to stay on the job.

This is one of the weirder tidbits unearthed in the New York Times’ recent article on the mind games Uber plays with its drivers and the app modifications it makes to try to encourage them to work longer hours at busier times. Replete with 8 bit­–style interactives, the piece explains that gamifying Uber-driving with arbitrary goals and badges has kept more drivers on the road when they would have normally signed off.